Sunday, June 5, 2011

Anger

Today I am simply angry. I am angry that I'm stuck in this cage. I am angry that I don't have the strength to break out of my shell. I am angry that my husband cares more about beer and television than he cares about my needs. I am angry at myself for always putting him first.. because I am truly neglecting myself; my body, my emotional needs, and my maternal needs. I hate that I feel guilty every day of my life because my husband supports me financially. I miss my job, my family, my friends, my hobbies, my life. I have nothing in common with the former Brittany, even though I was becoming a better person- a person that for ONCE in my life, I was happy with. Sure, I lived with my mother.. but other than sharing a roof and a few bills, I lived my life separate from hers. I had more independence, more confidence.. more love for my life. I do not regret moving here with my husband.. I regret changing. I wish I had not become so anxious and depressed again. The fear I have for the outside world astonishes me. But I feel that I have no control over it. I'm angry that I changed my life so that it was convenient for him. It was not his fault, he never asked me to do this, but still I feel this immense resentment towards him for what my life has become. I am angry with myself..

2 comments:

  1. You're a brilliant writer. Gorgeous blog.

    All the best,
    Voe.
    ________________________________
    http://pearlwhisk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there. He doesn't love his tv more than you (I know it can feel that way, been there) just focus on what makes you happy. Don't wait for him to turn off the tube, but if he sees you happy he may just want to tag along :0)

    ReplyDelete